Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The unusual ride

Even though I had been caught by the traffic police twice, I had not paid fine even once, thanks to my usual stories which I guess, were believed by the police inspectors. But this time it didn’t happen to be so, instead I had this exciting experience.

I had gone to the city main square to get my text books. I parked my vehicle in front of the City market and went to the shop which was on the first floor. After a hard bargain, I made the shopkeeper to reduce the price of the books by 50 rupees then I came to the place where I had parked my bike.

I could not find my bike, soon I spotted a police officer. I complained to him that my bike was missing. He pointed towards a truck which had all the vehicles, parked in the no parking zone.
My vehicle was among them. I regretted myself for loosing 300 rupees. This would have never happened if I had not spent time in bargaining.

Now I had to get my vehicle back. I went to the truck and asked the person in the truck, where the truck was headed to. He said it is going to the nearest police station. I did not want to spend more money,not even for the auto rickshaw. Instead I asked him for the ride in the same truck. He said hope on. I went to the police station sitting on my bike which was in the truck. Later I paid the fine and got my bike back.

No comments: